Product Kits Description
"Product Groups" is the term for how AmeriCommerce handles a parent product that has children products underneath it. This has many advanced uses that almost no other cart software has off the shelf alongside the other product features already there.
A kit of products sold as one like a bed with a dresser and two nightstands. Some items are optional, some may be required. Special group pricing may apply. The dresser and nightstands can be bought seperately as well.
Benefits of Kits:
- Full inventory tracked for each parent and children seperately
- Totally seperate item numbers and tracking for each item in the group
- Totally seperate pricing & pricing rules for each item in the group, even totally seperate quantity breaks and more.
- Totally seperate shipping weights, rules and restrictions for each item in the group
- Use 1 master description for all of the items in the group, and override certain other descriptions for each child item.
- Pictures on the parent item are also joined with all the child items' pictures to make 1 master set of pictures automatically.
- Keeps the parent-child relationship throughout the AmeriCommerce system for reference purposes on orders/reorders.
- Displays children items beneath their parent visually in the cart/order to help end users visualize the tie.
- Select and purchase multiple variations and quantities of the child items all at once, right from the single product page
- Can "require" an item to be purchased in the group, this item/min quantity cannot be removed without removing the whole group from the cart/order.
- Can automatically add a specified quantity of a child item to the cart when a certain number of the other items are added to the cart.
- Quantity can be bound to the parent item, meaning if you order 24 of the parent, you get 24 of the child and it will not be updateable.
Overall Customer Rating of 1 Reviews: